[vlc-devel] Re: Two inputs at the same time.

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Thu Jun 8 12:16:21 CEST 2006

Lukasz Kondrad ha scritto:
> May you say me why implementing ip stack in vlc is overkill? What is so
> difficult, maybe I knowledge is not enough to do that, let me know what
> problems I shall be aware, please.

I think noone is assuming you don't have enough knowledge to do so. From
my point of view the problem is a design problem. Implementing the ip
protocol stack inside any application when you have this feature
available from the kernel for free, is unneeded. Imagine if any
application was going to include its own version of the ip stack, we
would end up in an unmantainable mess...

Cheers,
fc