[vlc-devel] VLC_Pause doesn't pause the video

Donoso Gabilondo, Daniel donoso.d at ikusi.es
Wed Jun 14 15:02:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

I made an easy application to learn how to use libvlc in my linux
applications. It only plays a video, after a delay of 9 seconds It pauses it
and after other delay of 9 seconds It stops the video, but it doesn't pause.
How can I pause it?

I need to change the width and height of videos and don't show the title
bar, How can I do this things?

 Here is the source code of the application I use the SDL_Pause method  but
it doesn't pause the video:

#include <iostream>

#include <cstdlib>

#include <vlc/vlc.h>

#include <delay.h>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])

{

            int i_ret;

            i_ret = VLC_Create();

            if(i_ret < 0)

            {

                        cout << "VLC_Create ERROR!" << endl;

            }

            i_ret = VLC_Init( 0, argc, argv );

            if( i_ret < 0 )

            {

                        cout << "VLC_Init ERROR" << endl;

                        VLC_Destroy( 0 );

                        return -1;

            }

            i_ret = VLC_AddIntf( 0, NULL, 0, VLC_FALSE );

            VLC_Play(0);

cout << "Playing video" << endl;

            Delay(9000);

            VLC_Pause(0);