[vlc-devel] Vlc in Suse 10.x

Yiannis Papastergiou y.papastergiou at mrs-e.gr
Wed Jun 14 14:22:45 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to install vlc 0.8.5 to my suse 10.0 linux but dependencies
fail. It seems that avahi requires libdaemon witch can not be found. I
can't find anyware the package although I have found the vlc rpm from
packman. I triend to install (from yast) with out resolving the
dependencies and the player was installed and it worked. How ever when I
exited vlc the PC was not responding. I tried to find out what was wrong
from another session using ps-afe but I find nothing. An other thing
that I noticed is that when I executed vlc from a console (the perv way
was from KDE menu) when I exited the console it  didn't return to bash,
the PC became too slow and I notice from " ps-afe|grep vlc" that the
process was still running. after killing the process and after some
seconds the pc started working as usuall.
Do you have any hack to solve the "overloading" after exiting vlc? I
really hope to have a version that works with Suse 10.x

Thanks for reading!!!
--

*_Yiannis_**_ Papastergiou_*

Programmer
MRS-Electronics SA
 Sp. Brettou 111 Str., Acharnai, Athens, Greece
Tel. +30 210 2419137, 694 85 49 202
http://www.mrs-e.gr <http://www.mrs-e.gr/>