[vlc-devel] Re: Problem with an acces_demux module

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jun 15 09:22:11 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006, Christophe Démaret wrote:
> I'm trying to build a module doing the following:
> 1) read data from an FPGA using some well tested functions
> 2) date them and put them in a packet
>
> That's all. Uncompressed RGB 24 ( RGBR GBRG BRGB ... ). Should be easy huh ?
> I would like this data to be streamed and before that, I need it to be
> stored locally using standard_sout (acces=file). The most logical choice
> for the local tests seemed to be AVI.
>
> So the right FOURCC is RV24 isn't it ?
 For vlc yes, but the vlc avi muxer will not create a 'valid' avi file with
raw video (it will be playable only by vlc).

> Right now, i have an AVI with the GOOD data (checked with an hexadecimal
> editor, old style) so I must be very close ! But the AVI is not read by
> VLC: I only have middle grey 0x808080.
 That's because you use a very low FPS and vlc doesn't like it.
Try
 vlc test01.avi :file-caching=20000

> The main key is probably the message given by ts_mux:
> > [00000159] mux_ts private warning: packet with too strange dts
> > (dts=12603000240,old=12583001107,pcr=12583001107)
 TS muxer doesn't like such low FPS (and beside it's not valid to mux
raw video data in TS).

--
fenrir