[vlc-devel] forcing PES alignment to 188 bytes

Greg Farrell greg at gregfarrell.org
Fri Jun 30 17:02:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

   I'm trying to use vlc generated transport streams which contain mpgv
video and mpga audio
with a Kasenna server. The Kasenna refuses to import them with an error
of "*Error* asset has
a bit-rate less than 64 kbps"

According to google and Trax in #videolan this error is because my mpeg
content doesn't have a
PES packet size a multiple of 188. So zero length adaption fields are
confusing the Kasenna.

The only option I can find for configuring PES values is the
sout-max-pes-size value for a PS.
However my files are TS with 2xES (1audio,1video) in them, so I don't
understand how this
applies to them?

I found a thread about changes in the PES alignment code in TS, with a
suggestion to comment
out the call to FixPES(), which I've done but it's made no difference.

Can anyone help please?

   thanks,
        Greg