[vlc-devel] about encapsulation problem

Hong Liu hong.liu at crc.ca
Fri Jun 30 16:46:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

I tried to use vlc to record stream on local disk from
rtsp://x.x.x.x/H264.mp4.  The H.264.mp4 includes a H264 encoded video
file wrapped by mp4 format. I choose MP4 as an encapsulation method and
choose a filename of test.mp4 in the File option in the Stream Output
windoes.  However, it just recorded audio stream not video stream. Then
I used vlc -vvv to  debug  it.  I found vlc doesn't know how to remux
H264 into MP4 file.  Is there any solution to get over it?
I am in urgent need of it for my work. Thanks for your help!

--
Hong Liu
Research Engineer                     3701 Carling Avenue
Tel:(613)990-5998 / Fax:(613)990-6488 E-mail:hong.liu at crc.ca