[vlc-devel] VLC-Compilation Problem

Shreyas Tale shreyast at iitk.ac.in
Fri Jun 30 09:38:38 CEST 2006

Dear Sir,

    I am having problems compiling the VLC source code on Cygwin. I will
appreciate your help very much as I am a beginner.

    I am following the instructions given in INSTALL.win32, but
./configure command is not able to find the mad.h file. Though the mad.h
file is present at E:\Cygwin\usr\win32\include\. I am using following
source code-
1) vlc 0.8.5
2) contrib-20051213-win32-bin-gcc3.3.1-only.tar

    Even if I use ./configure --disable-mad it is missing
ffmpeg/avcodec.h which is present in \usr\win\include\.

    Thanking you in advance for your kind help,

With Regards,
Shreyas Tale,
Sophomore, B. Tech CSE,
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,