[vlc-devel] Re: Cross-compiling vlc for Zaurus - qt.h: Present but cannot be compiled

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Mar 7 20:01:26 CET 2006

Juan Antonio Martinez Navarro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my way to compile vlc for Zaurus i've found this error.
>
> I executed "ipkg/rules.zaurus config" modifying paths for libraries and
> I got this:

> checking qt.h usability... no
> checking qt.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: qt.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: qt.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: qt.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: qt.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: qt.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING: qt.h: in the future, the compiler will take
> precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc lists.  ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
> checking for qt.h... yes
Configure detected the qt.h headerfile, but cannot compile it. Still it
will except this as a pass. So you can safely ignore this warning/error.

> checking jpeglib.h usability... no
> checking jpeglib.h presence... no
> checking for jpeglib.h... no
This is your problem. No jpeglib.h !

> configure: error: echo "Cannot find QT Embedded development headers."
> make: *** [config] Error 1
>
> What Can I do?
Install the jpeglib library and header for your cross-compile
environment. QT Embedded depends on it.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman