[vlc-devel] Re: Bug Report - Audio Output Problems

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Mar 15 16:55:45 CET 2006

Le Mercredi 15 Mars 2006 01:15, Nick Bolten a écrit :
> So: Gentoo Linux, suspend2-sources-2.6.15-r1, KDE 3.4.3 stable.  The
> issue occurs in both VLC 0.8.2 and 0.8.4a.

I had the issue. It seemingly got sorted out by upgrading to release
kernel 2.6.15, and userland alsa 1.0.10. Running KDE 3.5.x as desktop
manager.

> When I attempt to use aRts, the audio becomes out of sync and starts
> to lag behind.  pauses and restarting the video resyncs the audio and
> video, but I need to resync about every five minutes.  This issue was
> not present before switching from gnome to KDE, but is still present
> even when the arts service is disabled.

The arts audio output for VLC is completely broken, and it's been for
ages because no one ever cared to fix. I'd remove it, you see, but some
people prefer to have broken plugins, even if that can break clueless
users setup.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/