[vlc-devel] vlc does not play streaming (liveMedia).

Juan Antonio Martinez Navarro juanantonio at dif.um.es
Fri Mar 31 09:29:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've installed VLC on a Zaurus SL-C3100 with liveMedia for streaming
support.

In a machine I run a streaming server and in my Zaurus, with VLC I run
vlc rtsp://MyIP/Session.

All the rtsp traffic is made, The client open a socket UDP in a port
determined in the session. Testing with netstat I see that it received
the RTP traffic in this port. But VLC does not call the function
StreamRead in any moment. So it tries to receive the RTP traffic over
TCP. And then aborts because no traffic is received.

Could you help me?
Where does VLC call the function StreamRead?, How does VLC do it?

Thanks in advance,
--
Juan Antonio Martínez Navarro <juanantonio at dif.um.es>
Departamento de Ingeniería de la Información y las Comunicaciones