[vlc-devel] [vlc] drift is too high, resetting master sync

Irina Iosip irina.iosip at gmail.com
Sat May 27 22:19:05 CEST 2006

Hello eveyone,

Can someone exaplain me why is the value of MASTER_SYNC_MAX_DRIFT (
transcode.c) 100000?

dvgrab - | vlc - -vvv -I dummy :demux=rawdv --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=4096,acodec=mp3,ab=128,fps=25,audio-sync}:std{access=file,mux=ps,dst=
out.mp4}'

The problem is that when capturing from a DV Camera. At the scene changes
vlc show this message  "drift is too high,  resetting master sync" . The
mpeg4 file looks fine (both video and audio) but after i convert it to DV
using ffmpeg at the moments when the scene is changed it adds audio delay
resulting in a/v desynchronisation.

How can i get rid of this delay? Does increasing the value of
MASTER_SYNC_MAX_DRIFT help? (i'm using vlc 0.8.5, fedora core 5)