[vlc-devel] Re: Java APIs for Snapshots

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Mon May 29 16:35:16 CEST 2006

Kuldipsingh Pabla ha scritto:
> Hi Filippo,
>
> Now that I have many of the features working in Java, I would like to
> understand two more things on how to implement. And I'll greatly
> appreciate your help with them.
>
> 1) I would like to generate snapshots on regular intervals from within
> Java. Are there any Java API to do accomplish it. If yes how to do it
> and if no, how to implement it?

I think the best way would be to implement this functionality at jni
level and exporting it natively to Java. I wouldn't use Java APIs for
this, but this may depend on the fact I'm not aware of a function to
take a snapshot of a widget (the canvas widget in our case).

> 2) Is there a way to get the size of the video canvas? Depending on the
> size of the window, I would like to resize my rendering window or
> JVLCCanvas.

I implemented this locally on my pc and I'll put this functionality on
svn by the end of this week.

Cheers,
Filippo