[vlc-devel] Re: Request to include ur Software on cover CD of our Magazine

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Nov 1 09:09:48 CET 2006

Dear Sir,

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006, santosh wrote :
>    We would like to introduce ourselves as publishers of the largest
>    cirulated Telugu Computer Magazine "COMPUTER VIGNANAM". Telugu is the
>    second largest spoken language in India. We are publishing this magazine
>    since 1997 and now the circulation of the magazine is around 35,000
>    copies.
>
>    We bundle a free CD ROM with our magazine regularly. We would like to
>    include Freeware version of your "VLC 0.8.5" Software in our Forthcoming
>    CD which is going to be released in First week of December 2006. This will
>    create awareness of your product in this part of the world.

Thanks for your interest on VLC media player.

>    Hence we request you to permit us to download and include the same
>    software in our CD ROM.

VLC Media Player is free software licenced under the GPL. Therefore you
are able to re-distribute it (and to include on a CD a FULL version)
according to the GPL licence.
This means that you should provide your readers a way to get the
full-source of VLC.
An idea would be to include on the CD the source of VLC at the same time
as the installer. You could also put a link in your magazine to the full
source of VLC and specify it to your readers.

Be aware that in a few weeks VLC media player 0.8.6 will be out.

Thanks a lot for the attention you have on VLC media player,

Best regards,

--
JB Kempf