[vlc-devel] Re: Video encryption/decryption using VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Nov 1 09:45:44 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:48:57PM +0800, Edward Wong wrote :
> The problem I see here is that if I simply do the encryption on the entire
> video file, it would result in an invalid format. Would it still be
> possible to stream it?

Wouldn't it be easier to put encryption at the transport layer (access
in VLC's speak) rather than on the file?

Besides, it's not clear to me whether you will encrypt the file
separately for each client, or whether they will be pre-encrypted with a
per-file symmetric key that would then be transmitted to appropriate
clients separately.

looking for a job
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/infos/CV-en.pdf