[vlc-devel] Re: VLC - V4L2 support

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Mon Nov 6 18:04:13 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006, Depardieu wrote :
> Hi!
>
> My name is Luis. I've been working with v4l2 everyday since last year to
> give v4l2 support to a huge multiconference application, so I believe that I
> can end up what you began. :D
> I've download svn repository, and take a look, and I think I can handle.
>
> So, if you haven't found yet anybody who wants to continue with this, I'll
> do it.

Well, that would be nice...

The goal would be to support both kind of v4l2 input devices (from a VLC
perspective): the ones that output raw data, and the ones that output a
mpeg encoded stream. The later kind of devices could be supported by
making the pvr module more configurable and not doing some assumptions.
The first kind of devices require an "access module" module. The best
would however to merge both modules at some point.

The pvr and v4l modules are good starts if you want to find out about
VLC's internal API...

Don't hesitate to ask any question if you're still interested...

--
BigBen