[vlc-devel] Re: First coding attempt

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Nov 7 09:04:45 CET 2006

	Hello,

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:26:16PM +0100, Vincent Maury wrote :
> I am a student of "Ecole Centrale Paris", and this year I am working
> with 4 others students on the VideoLAN project.
> No one of us have already make code in C, the following patch is my fist
> try. It is certainly full of code-error, and having a general
> compilation error, I wasn't able to test it.

Well, test it first then. It can sometimes happen that a some changes
break someone else setup, but if it does not even work on yours, there
is something wrong.

> This patch is for add 2 web-link in the "Help" menu (for the wxwidget
> interface) that point on the principal web-site and on the documentation
> section. I think it is useful for basic-users who need help.

The WxWidgets interface is being dropped in favor of the Qt4 interface,
so you should probably rather patch that one.

> Open the default web-browser is OS-dependent, and I haven't found a
> method that work for all Linux distribution (the method work on
> Linux-Debian).

x-www-browser might be another option. I don't know which one is most
widely supported.

> /* This patch add 2 web link in the wxwidget's help menu, one fo

The patch seems to be broken. It does not have usual ---/+++ lines.

looking for a job
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/infos/CV-en.pdf