[vlc-devel] Re: Qt 4 Interface Help Offer

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Nov 22 23:34:10 CET 2006

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006, Leo Spalteholz wrote :
>    That said, there is obviously still lots of work to be done on it,
>    something I might be able to help with.  I develop Qt 4 based apps for my
>    work, so I have some experience in the area.
I think your help is very welcomed.

>    Therefore I was going to ask  who, if anyone, is actively working on the
>    Qt4 interface, or whether I can work on it a bit and submit patches.
zorglub is the main designer/brain of this interface and I am helping him. I think
dionoea has also worked on it.
So you can speak with us, and/or discuss on IRC.

>    I don't want to be stepping on toes
>    if someone already has a vision for the new interface, so if that's the
>    case, let me know and I'll wait until after the release to much around
>    with it.  I don't know yet how much time I have to work on it, I'm just
>    wondering if it's worth my time to dive into the code at this point.
Thanks a lot for your concern, but, once again, your help will be
welcomed, especially, since you seem to know Qt4.

About the vision on the interface, we need to make this interface
functionnal and then tweak it. I think we still have a lot of questions
on possibilities that Qt4 can provide, that you may answer.

Hope to see you soon on IRC,

--
JB Kempf