[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r17986 (md)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Nov 23 22:44:22 CET 2006

Le jeudi 23 novembre 2006 20:21, Antoine Cellerier a écrit :
> This comment is stupid. We're not building VLC with 1 compiler but
> with loads of compilers. If we can adapt the code to work on all of
> them, great.

Oh now you are insulting me. Fine. Fix VLC trunk to compile with
gcc-2.95 to prove your point. Otherwise you are the stupid one.

It is really stupid to waste time supporting gcc 2.95 on FreeBSD 4 when
that OS has gcc 3.x (I think even 4.x in fact). There is ZERO point in
supporting many compilers. Supporting platforms might be interesting,
supporting compiler per se is intellectual masturbation^W^Wwaste of
time.