[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r17986 (md)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Nov 24 10:11:19 CET 2006

Le vendredi 24 novembre 2006 08:28, Marian Durkovic a écrit :
> > So proposing a working and fast solution (fixing/upgrading the
> > compiler) is stupid, and forward porting a *non-working* patch
> > without even testing it is intelligent.
>
> I have really enough now.
>
> PLEASE DON'T LIE AT LEAST!

Well, right, it does not break. But it certainly does not solve
compilation of VLC 0.9.0.

(...)
> trunk will be compillable with
> gcc-2.95 without any additional efforts - the same way as 0.8.x
> versions are.

And trunk will be slower as we will go back to the locking malloc/free
instead of dynamically sized arrays. And by the way, if you want C89,
you ought to remove all the static inlines. That's not standard either
(let alone C99 that is).