[vlc-devel] timeout on input (select(), read(), poll() timeout?)

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Tue Oct 24 21:54:48 CEST 2006

Hi guys, I've asked in user ML but nobody seems to know the solution
to the problem. The problem was:

> Is there a way to set connection timeout for input that is using
> TS as transport?
>
> The problem is that when network connectivity dies, the connection is
> not timing out and VLC is not trying to reconnect. It just sits there
> awaiting frames.
>
> This option is not working for me.
>
>       --ipv4-timeout <integer>   TCP connection timeout
>           Default TCP connection timeout (in
>           milliseconds).

I've tried to find how to set timeout for select and/or socket read
functions. I see that parameter exists but I can't find where the
functions are called and if timeout parameter is exposed as command
line option somewhere.

I can post testcase if you need it.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski