[vlc-devel] HTTP streaming problem

yj yunjnz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 03:44:15 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to play a flv video from Youtube via VLC,
I've retrieved the video address via some tools:

http://youtube-141.vo.llnwd.net/d1/04/EA/VXwarrIYLJ4.flv

The video can be downloaded to local host and can be
played via VLC,
but it can't be played by simply inputting the URL in
the Open-->Network-->HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS field,
and there are a lot of warning messages if open the
message box in the View menu:

main error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc
`undf'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video
format.
access_http debug: protocol 'HTTP' answer code 206
access_http debug: Server: Apache/2.0.54
access_http debug: Content-Type: video/flv
access_http debug: stream size=24540952
main debug: using access2 module "access_http"
main debug: pre-buffering...
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: pre-buffering done 9659 bytes in 0s - 18
kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='http' demux=''
path='youtube-141.vo.llnwd.net/d1/04/EA/VXwarrIYLJ4.flv'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 44 candidates
ffmpeg debug: detected format: flv
access_http debug: trying to seek to 24540953
main debug: net: connecting to 192.168.20.253 port
8080
main debug: connection in progress
access_http debug: protocol 'HTTP' answer code 200
access_http debug: Server: Apache/2.0.54
access_http debug: stream size=49081905
access_http debug: Content-Type: video/flv
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek
main debug: AStreamSeekStream: can't seek

Can anyone help me for this problem?
is it a bug of VLC http module?
Thanks a lot.