[vlc-devel] Vlc - framebuffer ( arm )

Yiannis Yiakoumis gyiakoumis at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:16:02 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I want to use vlc in an arm - plarform using the framebuffer. I have
compiled vlc-0.8.5 with the -enable-fb parameter on. When I try to play a
video file, I get this error :

Fb video output error : cannot get terminal node ( Invalid Argument ).

Any ideas about that ? Mplayer wiorks fine using the framebuffer in the same
device.

Does vlc access directly the framebuffer or it has to be done through
another level ( for example qte ).

Should the -enable-fb parameter be combined with some other standard
configuration settings or is it independent?

Actually, what does the -enable-qte parameter do? I have the choise to
include a Qtopia demo in my setup, so if this can solve the problem I can
use it.

This is the output of the fbset command :

mode "208x320-0"

        # D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz

        geometry 208 320 256 320 32

        timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

        accel false

        rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0

endmode

I have tried the -fbdev /dev/fb option and still doesn't work ( and yes,
/dev/fb do exist ).

You can find a full log of my verbose output at
http://paste.videolan.org/673 .

Thanks in advance for any reply,

Regards,

Yiannis