[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] GUI development based on wxwidgets

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Oct 30 14:44:49 CET 2006

Le Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:30:22 +0800,
"Liu Andy" <liuzhihua_2003 at hotmail.com> a écrit :

> As I can see (not sure if correct), wxwidgets seems to be the main
> part of GUI within VLC, so my question here is how I can do a quick
> wxwidgets-based GUI development based on current framework, should I
> just dig into code and simluate some similar dialog, or, some extra
> development tool (or library) is NEEDED ???

Hello, you don't need any extra development tool except ones needed to
compile vlc ;)

You may want to know that the development version of VLC uses a
QT4-based interface. Maybe it's simpler for you to developer for QT
instead of WxWidgets

These interfaces can be designed as xml files (.ui) with the QT
Designer (you may use KDevelop)

--
Rafaël Carré