[vlc-devel] GUI development based on wxwidgets

Liu Andy liuzhihua_2003 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:30:22 CET 2006

Hi All,

I plan to add some simple GUI components, e.g. modal/non-modal dialogs,
which are triggered by internal events (such as reception of specific
message from remote peer), and clicking on "OK" button can trigger some
kind of further operations.

As I can see (not sure if correct), wxwidgets seems to be the main part of
GUI within VLC, so my question here is how I can do a quick wxwidgets-based
GUI development based on current framework, should I just dig into code and
simluate some similar dialog, or, some extra development tool (or library)
is NEEDED ???

VLC version: 0.8.5
OS: Fedora 4

thanks & best regards,