[vlc-devel] Re: Translations for VLC 0.8.6

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Oct 31 16:52:22 CET 2006

Le Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:22:09 +0100,
Marian Durkovic <md at bts.sk> a écrit :

>  OS is WinXP SP2, regional settings for Slovakia.
>  VLC - nightly build branch-20061031-0330

I tested the windows version on linux, using wine, and it was perfectly
translated, even if i don't understand slovak.

someone suggested that the problem is how windows detect the language:
for instance you could have set the applications to be in slovak, and
use a US keyboard.

can you confirm you windows uses slovak language and slovak keyboard ?

also could you say what is exactly the problem:
-strings are absent ?
-strings are fully in english ?
-some strings are in slovak, and the others in english ?
-strings that contain special characters are missing, or these
characters are incorrectly displayed ?

That would be painfull if a translation did not work for 0.8.6 release,
and i want to help you, but unfortunately I don't run windows myself.

Do you know if other people from the slovak community tested
0.8.6-test1, and report if it worked or not for them, with windows
version, language settings, and keyboard settings ?

Thanks, I hope we can find what's happening

--
Rafaël Carré