[vlc-devel] Re: ref: vlc dbus integration

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at videolan.org
Sun Sep 10 18:15:54 CEST 2006

Hello,

(i am copying vlc-devel as we should move there)

On Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 03:29 +0300, Abhijeet Dev wrote:
> I started with studying existing vlc code (standards), dbus APIs and
> sample implementations. I am in the position to start working on it, but
> I need some information on what has been done already and if I could use
> some of the existing modules in vlc.
>
> What I need to know:
> 1. Can I use mediacontrol.h. I see that methods defined in this header
> are linked from control/mediacontrol_core.c and A/V modules which I can
> fairly assume will be linked and accessible by positioning the dbus
> modules compilation in right place in MakeFile and correct dependency in
> config (menuconfig...).
Preferably no. It's better to use the headers in /include like
vlc_interfaces, vlc_playlist ....

> 2. Confirm: We can let the user choose control method: corba/dbus/both
> on compile-configuration and we can provide these options to user on
> run-time, enabled by default?

We can choose at compile time what to include (depending on the
libraries present on the system) and at run time users can choose
between the various interfaces (wxwidget, qt, http, skins) and control
interfaces like rc or corba or pseudo-control like growl or notify.

--
Xtophe