[vlc-devel] Re: Buttons for the OSX-interface

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Sep 10 23:59:54 CEST 2006

On 10-sep-2006, at 23:41, Felix Kühne wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I already mentioned it on IRC today. Anyway, here's a copy for the
> for records and those who missed it.
>
> Simon Damkjær Andersen is working on various playback mode buttons
> targeted for the embedded vout. They could probably be used in the
> regular controller window as well. I uploaded them to veda, so you
> can have a look at them here: <http://veda.student.utwente.nl/
> ~videolan/fpk/playlist_buttons/>
> There are currently 2 designs for "Repeat One" and "Shuffle". Which
> one do you guys prefer?

This is great news.
Repeat2 design i have the feeling the 1 looks too much like an i of
info. Combined with that blue, I find it less suited atm, however,
perhaps a change in color there might eleviate my problem with it.

Something similiar with shuffle2, it looks just a tad like the Action
wheel that you have in the Finder and several other applications.
Here i simply prefer the other design.

> BTW. A slightly outdated screenshot of the new fullscreen
> controller window is available here: <http://
> veda.student.utwente.nl/~videolan/fpk/vlcfspanel_qt.jpg>. In the
> meantime, the usual QTP-fullscreen button was added at the right
> side of the panel as well.
> Simon is also working on some drafts for a non-QTP-like FSPanel,
> which I'm going to show you once he finished them in the next
> couple of days.

Good stuff. Great improvements.

DJ