[vlc-devel] Re: FLV and UB for OSX

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Sep 20 11:14:14 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006, Luc Heinrich wrote :

> Is there a timeframe for an update to VLC which would provide correct
> FLV playback on Mac and the ability to compile the whole shebang as a
> universal binary ?

About flv support, it should be the same as on windows. Is there any mac
specific issue ? We rely on ffmpeg for our flv support. As this format
is AFAIK closed, getting proper support is hard.

About the UB stuff, compiling VLC as UB is no trivial thing. The issue
comes from the fact that most of its contribs have compilation scripts
that are not really xcode-sdk friendly. We are working on this, but we
cannot give any delay. Moreover, a VLC YB would probably be more than 30
MB big.

--
BigBen