[vlc-devel] Re: FLV and UB for OSX

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Sep 20 15:02:06 CEST 2006

Le mercredi 20 septembre 2006 à 14:11 +0200, Le Stang Jean-Baptiste a
écrit :

> 	To create a UB from two (or more) object files, you have to use
> 'lipo' (very funny name when you know that a UB is also called a FAT
> binary :p). I really think that creating the UB can be done after
> making the PPC and Intel version and then creating the final assembly
> (but I'm not 100% sure about this)
>
> 	As expected the binary is then kind of enormous , here I have a 62
> Mb file. I've uploaded a UB version of VLC onto my web server but I'm
> not able to try the Intel version, but on PPC, the UB is working so
> far fine. Can anyone give it a try with a MacTel?
>
> <http://lestang.org/VLC-ub.zip>

Ok, I just tried on ou macintel. I just launched the program in cli
mode, with a caca vout. It seems to work. The line:

[00000001] main vlc debug: CPU has capabilities 486 586 MMX MMXEXT SSE
SSE2 FPU

Seems to indicate that the intel version is executed natively. The gui
should be further tried however...

Thanks for the tip.

--
BigBen