[vlc-devel] Re: Filter Development

Adam Collins mr.adamcollins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:38:49 CEST 2006

yeah I'm trying to do that, but all the video filters do some pretty complex
stuff and have their own specific structures defined.
I would like to start with a fresh .c file and in that file define a new
filter
that has access to the video output stream
from there I want to be able to access the pixel arrays and run some
obstacle detection algorithms im developing.
then include win32out.dll file that handles parallel port comunications and
output a signal on the parrallel port when an object is detected in the
video stream.

so I need to find out how to define a new filter.

any ideas?

thanx
Adam