[vlc-devel] Status of firefox and/or activeX plugins

Jonas A. Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Thu Sep 21 13:03:51 CEST 2006

Hi all

I’ve been wondering lately, since we support just about all videos formats
at this point. Why is it that the vlc plugins still cant replace the
quicktime/wmpt etc browser plugins? I mean if we can play the same
fileformats why is it you cant use vlc plugins for sites like break.com,
youtube etc?

Surely it cant be much that would have to be changed for vlc’s plugins to be
able to interpret the html code?

Or am I missunderstadning something completely?

Best regards

Jonas Akrouh Larsen

TechBiz ApS

Laplandsgade 4, 2. sal