[vlc-devel] Videolan HTPC

Carsten Breuer CarstenBreuerMpris at textwork.de
Fri Apr 13 01:24:36 CEST 2007

Hi there,

i have written an Application for a HTPC (Home Theater PC)
with wxWidget, because i was unhappy with freevo and mythtv.
I want now do rebuild the software with QT4 and want to ask,
if someone here is interested to work on that.

My current solution can play videos (mplayer), play
some games, has LIRC support, can copy CD's etc.
All functions can be controlled by a remote control.

Some ideas:

- Play all kind of media including Videos, Music (MPD),
   Podcasts and even powerpoints (OO).
- All functions can be consistently controlled with a
   remote control (No Focus).
- Copy CD's, DVD's.
- Starting Games (PPRacer or whatever).
- Image Slideshow with rotate and background music.
- File Browser for usb-media.
- Easy configuration.
- Plugin-System

Of cource, this ideas are not really new.
The goal is to let all the things happen
with a remote control easy.

One Example:

For the image-slideshow, the user can select
a background music by group (romantic, fast, rock).
He make a selection of favorite songs ones and then
he select only the group with the remote control.
The software plays the songs of that group randomized.
If the user rotate a image, the slideshow-interval is
resetted. He can also show images "from here"
and recursive etc.

Any help is welcome.

Best Regards,

Carsten Breuer