[vlc-devel] Possible UDP/RTP streaming bug

Dugal Harris dugalh at protoclea.co.za
Fri Apr 13 10:55:52 CEST 2007

Hi

I have a problem when trying stream high resolution video over UDP /
RTP.  The video is 1600x1200 MJPG and I am streaming in its source MJPG
format with no transcoding.  The client gives discontinuity and packet
loss messages (see attached log for an example).  The upper part of the
client video looks ok but the rest is green / garbage.

If I take the same source video and transcode it before UDP/RTP
streaming or stream it over HTTP, in its source format, then everything
works fine.

I see this behaviour with the most recent vlc code as well as older
versions (0.8.6a and 0.8.5).

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Dugal