[vlc-devel] XV output green screen

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Thu Aug 16 16:18:44 CEST 2007

Martin,

I remember fixing a similar issue for win32 vouts, basically the green
flash appears when the vout is open, but has no picture to display yet;
the buffer is 0 filled initially, which translates as green in YUV
colorspace. The best fix is to delay filling the vout window with the
colorkey until the first picture has been rendered, the vout window
should be filled with 'ordinary' black color till then.

whenever you have it fixed, please post a patch so that we can apply it
to VLC development tree.

Damien