[vlc-devel] libvlc_video_resize

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat Aug 25 15:28:43 CEST 2007

On 25 août 07, at 14:28, ChengYQ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply:) I am sorry I commented the lit out, I
> am not sure whether it should be placed before playing or after
> playing, so I tried in two place, none of them worked;
>     item = libvlc_playlist_add (inst, filename, NULL, &excp);
>     quit_on_exception (&excp);
>     //libvlc_input_t * lit = libvlc_playlist_get_input(inst,
> &excp); // doesn't work here
>    libvlc_playlist_play (inst, item, 0, NULL, &excp);
>     Sleep(2000);
>     libvlc_input_t * lit = libvlc_playlist_get_input(inst,
> &excp);  //  doesn't work here neither
>     int w = libvlc_video_get_width(lit,&excp);//w is always 0.
>     libvlc_video_resize(lit,100,100,&excp);   //MFC program exit
> when adding this line.

With the commentary as is it should be fine if you are using 0.9.0.
However the code you sent is broken.

> //	if ((libvlc_playlist_get_media_instance =
> (_LIBVLC_PLAYLIST_GET_MEDIA_INSTANCE) GetProcAddress(libvlc,
> "libvlc_playlist_get_media_instance")) == NULL)
>   //    return funcionFalla("libvlc_playlist_get_media_instance");
This shouldn't be commented.

But as far as you are using 0.8.6c you should simply use
libvlc_playlist_get_input(), not libvlc_playlist_get_media_instance().

> I've tried to use 0.9.0, but when I compile it, the library loading
> failed.
> I use the same way as I did for 0.8.6c, and copy all plugins and
> the libvlc.dll in my workspace.
> I attached the headfile and the test code, could you please help me
> to have a look?

What do you mean the library loading failed?

Hope this helps,

Pierre.