[vlc-devel] libvlc_video_resize

ChengYQ crashboat at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 26 01:47:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you help, your reply is really helpful:)
I found that the VLC_XXX functions are in the vlclib.dll and LIBVLC_XXX functions are in the vlclib-control.dll in 0.9.0
that's why when I compile the program, it passed, but when I run it, the loadLibrary("vlclib.dll") function always said the vlclib_xxx functions can't be loaded.
After I loaded all the functions from correct dll files, I can use libvlc_playlist_get_media_instance() now;) and the libvlc_video_get_width returns the correct data, and the libvlc_video_resize function works, cheers!

When I hook the video in my own application window, is that possible that I resize the video while keep my application window the same size? for example, I zoom out the video from 100*100 to 400*400 and keep the window the same size 100*100, then I can get the result that only part 100*100 out of the 400*400 video displayed in the application window? because I need to zoom in and zoom out video in my fixed size application window.Are there some functions already realize this?

I have another problem when I compile and link the libvlc.dll (Thanks for you patience again:)~~)
I am now using the way http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_Visual_C to load the vlclib.dll before I use the dll functions.
I need to write my own head file to do the
1.typedef struct, i.e.: typedef struct vlc_list_t vlc_list_t;2.typedef function, i.e.:typedef libvlc_instance_t * (*_LIBVLC_NEW)( int , char **, libvlc_exception_t *);
3.define variables, i.e.:_LIBVLC_NEW libvlc_new;
then in the implementation *.cpp file, load everything.
4.loadlibrary,i.e.: libvlc = loadLibrary(L"libvlc.dll");
5.loadFunction, ie: libvlc_new = (_LIBVLC_NEW) GetProcAddress(libvlc_control, "libvlc_new")after above five steps, finally I can use the functions.

while in the http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_Tutorial example,
it seems quite easy, only need to include the headfile from the source:
#include <vlc/libvlc.h>
then functions in the dll can be called.
However, when I include the headfiles, follow the second example, in Visual C++ 6.0, Link problems come:
Compiling...testvlc090.cppLinking...testvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_destroytestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_instance_releasetestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_instance_stoptestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_instance_playtestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_descriptor_releasetestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_instance_new_from_media_descriptortestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_media_descriptor_newtestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_newtestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_exception_inittestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_exception_get_messagetestvlc090.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libvlc_exception_raisedDebug/testvlc090.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
If there is some library files as libvlc.lib, problems may be solved, but I can't find any lib files in the source.
What mistakes I have?

many many thanks~~

Yours
Jay