[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r21540 (pdherbemont)

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Aug 28 12:46:17 CEST 2007

Damien,

I think I wasn't clear with the commit. The point is to get -O2 when
enabling debug by default. (Not -O0).

Having -O3 when debugging is a bit too much, but -O0 is certainly not
enough. So we need some balancing. To me having --enable-debug
defaulting -O2 seems like the way to go. We probably want to have --
enable-debug --enable-optimizations=speed or something like that to
turn back on -O3.

An alternative would be to have --enable-optimization=debug, that
would turn on -O2.

Keep me posted,

Pierre.