[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23422 (dionoea)

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Sun Dec 2 00:22:51 CET 2007

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007, Richard Hosking wrote:
> Interesting..  first of all my webcam does not support
> the setting of hue so if the value is -1 then
> VideoControl probably should just return SUCCESS and
> not cause a fail.  As you can see in the attached output
> this causes my webcam to not start.

Agreed. Maybe we just shouldn't cause an error if the VideoControl
returns EGENERIC but just go on with the video device setup.

> Not sure why I am getting lots of Saturation and
> 4 Gains from the VideoControlList function whereas
> I would at least expect to see Brightness, Contrast
> etc... a quick glance at your code looks ok.. all I
> can think of at the moment is maybe a buggy driver
> but I will keep experimenting.

Yeah, I have that problem too. I'm not sure if it's due to the drivers
not implementing the API correctly or if I'm doing something wrong. My
code looks like the example they give in the spec so I'm kind of
puzzled. Based on what I undestand, apps should be able to use that kind
of code to build a controls interface (with sliders, buttons and all)
automatically. I'll try to find an app which already does to see if
their code does something differently.

> Will have a play with the rc interface now.

Great! thanks.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea