[vlc-devel] Using JVLC in a JAVA application

lazydog at free.fr lazydog at free.fr
Wed Dec 5 13:59:22 CET 2007

Hi Javier,

> I am trying to develop a Java application with VLC embedded. I am trying to
> develop this application as multiplatform as possible, so I would like to
> know if it is possible to use JVLC for Windows and for Linux as well. The
> libs are only available for 64 bits systems or I could use with 32 bits
> Linux os's and Windows?

There are at least two ways to test JVLC.

1. Use an old version posted on JVLC trac there :
http://trac.videolan.org/jvlc/wiki/download

2. Or compile a new one from SVN source.

Do not try to mix both ways.

JVLC currently works for Linux 32/64 and win32.

Compiling the win32 from source reportedly works on Cygwin but is currently
broken on MinGw and needs a fix.

The problems you described are related to Java/Eclipse usage.

Regards,

Philippe