[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23623 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sat Dec 15 18:44:05 CET 2007

Le Saturday 15 December 2007 17:25:57 Gildas Bazin, vous avez écrit :
> I see. I would argue that the old way of doing things was more sensible
> though. It makes more sense to associate config options to the module /
> sub-module to which they apply instead of chucking everything into one
> place. Sub-modules should really be seen as separate modules.

I don't know what old way you are referring to. It has definitely been like
ever since I touch the then <modules_inner.h>. As far as I understand the
commit history, it has been like this ever since VLC had modules.

AFAICT, the b_submodule skipping check has ever been a mere optimization.

http://www.remlab.net/