[vlc-devel] VLC Dropping Frames

prathapnirmal prathap at pivotsys.com
Tue Dec 18 10:27:20 CET 2007

Hi All,
   I am using VLC to view MJPEG media streamed over RTP/RTSP. The
video plays well for a couple of minutes and it starts giving errors
as below after some time,

[00000295] main decoder error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting
the heap

[00000295] main decoder error: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting
the heap

[00000295] ffmpeg decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video ->
dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

[00000295] ffmpeg decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video ->
dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

The server that I am using is Darwin Streaming Server. The MJPEG
stream is packetized according to the rules specified in the RFC
2435. It's kind of show stopper for me since I am not able to play
the media using VLC. Please provide inputs if know something related
to this.

thanks
~
Pradhap Nirmal