[vlc-devel] Merry Christmas to the JVLC & VLC Teams

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 01:40:24 CET 2007

Hi Ahmad,

Many thanks for trying MyUniPortal. I appreciate the
feedback and greatly appreciate and understand your
reference to dlls.

JVLC does use the dlls from the VLC and compiled my
jvlc dll. As you know even Sun uses dll's in the jvm
and has sadly stopped pursuing multimedia years ago. I
have heard they might be pursing again multimedia but
the efforts may not result in anything for at least a
year or longer.

When working with the windows operating system dlls
are needed and there are many applications being
downloaded every minute from all over the world. I do
monitor the groups closely that wrote the dlls and I
have the source for everything I provide and can
inspect and have inspected for debugging reasons the
windows code when needed.

I am very occupied with MyUniPortal right now but an
effort to add multimedia support to the jvm is a great
idea. I have worked on MyUniPortal for many years
(since 1998) and need to keep a promise to get it
released in January after 2 betas otherwise I would be
helping the jvlc group more than I have.

Again many thanks for downloading the Rich Internet
Client (RIA) and I hope you enjoyed the JVLC
experience.

Any Constructive Feedback appreciated.

Regards,
Tony Anecito