[vlc-devel] Support of FASTSEEK for ftp module

Andrew Zaikin andrew.zaikin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 15:23:46 CET 2007

Hello all
It looks like there is an issue with finding index on .avi files, when they
are downloaded from ftp. Typically divx put this index chunk after movie
chunk, so corresponding access module should support seeking. Specifically
libavi is asking for FASTSEEK, and if module respond FALSE, it stops looking
for index.

I can see two options here:

   - libavi should not use FAST_SEEK, but normal SEEK instead (ftp seems
   to implement it). I'm not sure I understand what is the difference
   - we need to implement FAST_SEEK in ftp utilizing REST (if server
   support it)

Can you please advise me in which direction I should follow?