[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r23893 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Dec 27 23:35:07 CET 2007

Le vendredi 28 décembre 2007, Jean-Paul Saman a écrit :
> Subversion daemon wrote:
> > r23893 | courmisch | 2007-12-27 17:48:20 +0100 (Thu, 27 Dec 2007) |
> > 2 lines Changed paths:
> >    M /trunk/modules/access/file.c
> >
> > Revert [23889]. Don't enable debug if you don't want it.
>
> Well I want debug and the sheer volume of this debug message makes it
> close to impossible to see *any* other debug message. This renders
> the -vvv option useless in my eyes. I suggest you leave it enabled in
> your own tree or find a way to make the message less frequrent.

There are a lot of things that output a lot more debug messages. That's
one message every 4 megabytes of file access.

See I would REMOVE this, but every second developper claim the mmap
access is broken (without any further explanations), which makes me
think it should stay there.

This message is totally useless to _me_. mmap access works fine on both
of my computers. The point of debug messages is to help track down
errors from _other_ people.

http://www.remlab.net/