[vlc-devel] opening a playlist file crashes vlc also in 32 bits config

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Dec 31 12:05:24 CET 2007

Le Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:12:07 +0100,
Gilles Sabourin <gilles.sabourin at free.fr> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Sorry to moan again in this mailing-list, but ... since yesterday,
> vlc 32 bits is also unusable. Whenever I load a playling list (m3u),
> I got this :
>

> vlc: playlist/item.c:83: input_item_subitem_added: Assertion
> `p_item_in_category->i_children != -1' failed.

This is a side effect of http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/23949
It fixes only loading of media library playlist, and screw up every
other playlist loading (at least it asserts properly instead of using
invalid pointers, and causing random and hardly-understandable
behaviour).

You are not on the IRC channel, so obviously you didn't read my comment
not to report bug about playlist being broken, because I knew that ;)

To properly fix this bug, we need to revert this commit when
pdherbemont will have fixed the events system.

He gave me a working patch yesterday, but it might need clean up before
being applied to trunk.

If you wanna look at it, find it at
http://macmini.via.ecp.fr/~steg/patch_rec.diff.txt . Note some
structure is missing a vlc_mutex_t member.

I think he found a way to fix it not using recursive mutexes.

--
Rafaël Carré