[vlc-devel] Regarding configuring VLC embedded in web page

Nikhil Agrawal mrnikhilagrawal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:49:41 CET 2007

Hi,

I have embedded VLC player PlugIn in IE. When user requests for any file
(stream) , browser installs VLC from server and when it gets installed , it
works perfectly.

I want to do a setting say an advanced setting of VLC regarding
synchronisation ( present in VLC player Settings->Preferrences) , I want
that setting to applied when user access a file using VLC embedded in web
page but dont want user to open vlc player ( from Start->Programs->VideoLAN
...) and do settings and save and then use web page with settings updated
for synchronisation.

How can I configure VLC (embedded one) automatically using either script or
something in my web page to enable or configure any Preferrences/Settings of
VLC?

Regards,
Nikhil Agrawal

PS - If someone needs more detailed information regarding what I want ,
please let me know .