[vlc-devel] Re: Problem cross-compiling VLC under mingw

Danny Brown danbrwn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:40:27 CET 2007

my past experience has shown cygwin will build. Having said that, the
only real way to get much help is to go to the irc pages for vlc and
hang out and ask questions. The specific questions you should ask
first are, what versions of the pre built libs work with what versions
of the snapshots. It is generally not a good idea to attempt to build
the latest versions on a platform other than linux. Most of the time
the pre-built lib packages are too far behind the current snapshot. If
you have built on linux, it is likely best to cross compile it for
windows.