[vlc-devel] VLC window Position without Window Manager?

Donoso Gabilondo, Daniel donoso.d at ikusi.es
Tue Feb 20 09:47:20 CET 2007

I use the libvlc library in my Linux C++ application.

The production machine doesn't use any window manager, only X. When I
launch the application, it starts the libvlc giving the x position, y
position, width and height, The width and height works fine, but always
appears at position 0,0 (x,y). In the development machine all works
fine.

I think this happens because the production machine doesn't have any
window manager. Is my theory correct?

Sorry if my english is very bad, and thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Daniel