[vlc-devel] Re: Add a new module

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Jan 10 20:23:41 CET 2007

Le mercredi 10 janvier 2007 18:56, Alexandre Pelletier a écrit :
> Hello Everyone.
>
> I am actually trying to add a new Module in Vlc, and i would need
> help or further documentation on that point. I read the HACKING file
> and i read the documentation on videolan.org, but i still have
> troubles including file (such as vlc_vlm.h) in my new module. I get
> messages such as "Undefined reference in function ...".
>
> Can Anyone help me on that point ?

First, update Modules.am in the directory where the plugin was added,
then add relevant configure.ac logic: at the very least, you will need
to enable the plugin (VLC_ADD_PLUGINS(...)) and likely add some linker
flags if you need external libraries (VLC_ADD_LDFLAGS, VLC_ADD_CFLAGS
and so on).

Then rerun ./bootstrap and then make.

http://www.remlab.net/