[vlc-devel] Compiling VLC 0.8.5 identical to the windows binary - update

Fleming Lampi lampi at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Tue Jan 30 16:25:05 CET 2007

Hello everyone, hello Christophe,

meanwhile I was able to compile the VLC 0.8.5 release by using the x264
svn from 2006-04-30 and after some struggling with linker error messages
concerning CATID_SafeForInitializing and CATID_SafeForScripting in
ActiveX main.cpp.

A helping colleague changed those lines in activex/main.cpp similar to
the way used in 0.8.6a (changed lines are below) and now it compiles and
works.
That means that VLC 0.8.5 as the sender and VLC 0.8.6a as the receiver
is perfectly able to stream an x264/mp3 file over RTP using MPEG TS.
Thereby it makes no difference whether the 0.8.5 is self compiled or the
windows binary.
Nevertheless, using VLC 0.8.6a as the sender will still fail. It shows
only a black rectangle with the correct size while the audio is played well.

Unfortunately I am not that deep inside VLC that I am able to find out
what has changed between those two versions. I hope that anyone can help
me out. Of course I will provide any help I can e.g., log files etc.

@Christophe:
Did you recieve the link to my log files from yesterday?

Best regards,
Fleming